23 August, 2014

Aquarium, allow me to introduce Living Room

Well the rig has made its way into the Living Room, and about time!

Now that I've had a few days off I've made some progress.  I reconfigured the plumbing.  Had to go to a different Lowe's to get my plywood since the closer one still hasn't recovered from their saw disaster.


Plumbing done, and it is much simpler now.  It had occurred to me to do it like this in the first place but somehow the idea was derailed, and didn't get back on track until I started showing everything to a neighbor.


Finally the tank gets moved to its intended home in the living room.  Much thanks to my neighbor for helping me move it in.  We placed it on some underlay left over from the floor job to protect the laminate.  Then I trimmed it with scissors.  I am impressed that the tank is perfectly level just sitting on the floor so no shimming required.  Kudos to the builders for a level floor.


I installed the rock that has been waiting patiently since it finished curing in the bin.


This will be pretty much where it stays, comfortably in the corner between the sofas.


Hopefully tomorrow the salt water goes in and I fire up the return pump!  My wife and I will decide what kind of paneling we want for the stand and I plan to use strip magnets to hold it in place.

Our first 2 fish will arrive in Calgary on Tuesday morning and be transferred to their temporary home, the quarantine tank, until all is well and they are transferred to the display.

That's all for now, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment